Title: Board of Investigators and Advisors Leader (BIA-Leader)
Department: Office of the Dean of Students
Staff Advisor: Assistant Director of Student Conduct
Work Period: Spring 2018 – Fall 2018
Number of Positions Available: 16
Position Summary: The Board of Investigators and Advisors (BIA) is composed of 16 undergraduate students appointed by the Judiciary Appointments Committee. Students are appointed for one year and must reapply at the end of their term if they wish to continue as a member of the BIA. The BIA has two primary functions: (1) to investigate academic cases and present those cases before the Honor and Ethics Council and (2) to advise and counsel accused students in all phases of hearings and appeals, in academic and non-academic cases. The term of service is one year; students may reapply each year.
Mandatory Time Commitments:
- BIA New Member Welcome: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- BIA Orientation: August 26, 2018, 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Estimated expected caseload of 3-5 cases per month
- Bi-Weekly Meetings
- Advise students on the conduct process.
- Be a content expert on the Student Code of Conduct.
- Be available for summary action and administrative hearings on a weekly basis for non-academic cases.
- Be available to serve as the investigator or advisor for academic cases.
- Communicate promptly.
- Ability to abide by the time commitments.
- Current undergraduate student at Wake Forest University.
- Evidence of good character, good judgement, and commitment to ethical behavior.
- Hold a 2.7 cumulative GPA or above.
- No Honor Code violations.
- Willingness to disclose any conduct offenses.
- All applicants must be in good standing with the university.
- Ability to remain objective
- An interest in working with students in a learning environment
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Empathetic mindset
- Interpersonal skills
- Listening skills
- Possess the capacity to educate others on university policies