Title: Peer Leader
Department: Office of the Dean of Students
Staff Advisor: Assistant Director of Student Conduct, Allie Clayton
Work Period: Spring 2020 – Fall 2021
Position Summary: The Peer Leaders is the central deliberative body in the conduct system for non-academic cases. It hears all cases involving non-academic/social misconduct that are resolved through the Administrative Hearing Process with a panel. Its task is to find the truth and render fair judgment. The term of service is one year; students may reapply each year.
Mandatory Time Commitments:
- New Member Welcome
- Peer Leader Orientation: August 2019
- Estimated expected caseload of 2-3 cases per semester
- Bi-Weekly Meetings
- Be a content expert on the Student Code of Conduct.
- Engage actively in all hearings and be prepared to render fair, and sometimes difficult judgments
- Commitment to seeking the truth in the context of sometimes ambiguous or conflicting claims.
- Ability to abide by time commitments.
- Current undergraduate student at Wake Forest University.
- Evidence of good character, good judgment, and commitment to ethical behavior.
- Hold a 2.7 cumulative GPA or above.
- No Honor Code violations.
- Willingness to disclose any conduct offenses.
- All applicants must be in good standing with the university.
- Ability to remain objective
- An interest in working with students in a learning environment
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Empathetic mindset
- Interpersonal skills
- Listening skills
- Possess the capacity to educate others on university policies