Title: Honor and Ethics Council Student Member
Department: Wake Forest College
Staff Advisor: Associate Dean of the College, Christa Colyer
Work Period: Fall 2019 – Spring 2020
Number of Positions Available: 10
Position Summary: The Honor and Ethics Council is the central deliberative body in the conduct system for academic cases. It hears all cases involving academic misconduct, except those handled by the interim process. Its task is to find the truth and render fair judgment. The term of service is one year; students may reapply each year.
Mandatory Time Commitments: Be available to participate in at least two hearings per semester.
- Engage actively in all hearings and be prepared to render fair, and sometimes difficult judgments
- Commitment to seeking the truth in the context of sometimes ambiguous or conflicting claims.
- Ability to abide by the time commitments.
- Current undergraduate student at Wake Forest University.
- Evidence of good character, good judgment, and commitment to ethical behavior.
- Hold a 2.7 cumulative GPA or above.
- No honor code violations.
- Willingness to disclose any conduct offenses.
- An interest in working with students, faculty, and administrators in a learning environment
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Empathetic mindset
- Interpersonal skills
- Listening skills
- Possess the capacity to educate others on university policies
- Remain objective and fair in all phases of HEC deliberations